Plumbing is an important part of the home. Your pipes and other plumbing systems must be well-built, developed and maintained. However, problems may still arise even if you take good care of your plumbing. You may not be prepared for such emergency situations. If problems like this arise, what automatically comes to mind is to call a local plumber. But before you do that, you must make sure first if you really need a plumber or another specialist.
So here are five things you need to know and consider before calling a plumber.
- Check if the plumber is licensed and reliable. A license alone is not enough. You also need to look into the experience and reputation of the plumber. You can do this by taking some time to read reviews. But don’t base your decision on the reviews alone. Just use this to have a quick background regarding the plumber’s reputation and skills.
- Get free estimates. This will help you get an idea of how much money you should prepare. However, you must keep in mind that affordability does not mean bad quality. Don’t equate quality with the price of the plumbing work. But don’t expect that the best plumber will be the cheapest.
- The plumber must not only be experienced and skilled; he or she must also be trustworthy. See to it that you entrust your home to a professional whom you can trust and count on. Let your instinct dictate you on this. And again, read some reviews.
- Check if the plumber offers workmanship warranty. Is he willing to fix any wrongs in case something comes up due to his performance? Is he reputable when it comes to installation work? Ask yourself questions so you can ask the potential plumber too.
- This is the most important. Ask yourself if you really need a plumber. Is the work needed fit for a plumber or would another specialist be more appropriate? Remember that there are things that plumbers can’t do. Assess the situation before you call a plumber. Chances are, you might not need a plumber after all, but a restoration specialist.
These are the kinds of things a restoration specialist can do:
There is a water damage restoration team who will assess the damage to your home. They will check if there is serious water damage due to flooding, burst pipes or other issues. So if the supposed “plumbing” problems have made your carpets, furniture and other valuables a mess, you don’t need a plumber, but a restoration specialist.
The restoration team will remove the water from your home and dry all your things to try and salvage your possessions. This means that they can solve both your plumbing and drying issues. Restoration specialists understand the many types of water damage. They can solve your plumbing and drying situations.
The next time you encounter a “plumbing” issue, ask yourself first the five things mentioned in the article before calling a plumber. Remember what plumbers can’t do that restoration specialists can handle. If you decide to call a restoration team, don’t hesitate to contact Slate Restoration.